Off Season Hockey Training
Hockey Training at The Base delivers better results than any other program.
Our program sets itself apart by combining the science of mechanics with proven training methods. Our program was designed by Dr. Derek Lampshire, sport Chiropractor and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Derek played hockey for UBC and has 15 years experience working with professional players. Our program trainers are led by Dana Perkin, our head of strength and conditioning who has 15 years training experience, and Dillon Wagner who played both WHL and UBC and currently plays for the Stony Plain Eagles.
• Everything we do builds athleticism and makes sense for the needs of the sport.
• We apply the science of mechanics to build more faster, stronger, more explosive athletes.
• Higher level of detail than any other facility with a low athlete to trainer ratio.
• Our athletes are less injured and perform better throughout the season.
• Our athletes train in a fully integrated facility with injury support, nutrition, sport psychology and concussion management on site.
- Injury risk assessment and functional testing with personalized recommendations.
- Athlete Performance testing at start, mid point and end of program
- Access to injury treatment, sport psychology and nutrition on site.
- Parent and athlete coaching sessions on concussions, injuries, training and nutrition.
- 10% off supplements and nutrition product for duration of program
- Dynavision Sport Vision Training available
- Custom pre and post workout shakes available
- Baseline Concussion testing at start of season.
- Nutrition Coaching with a tailored meal plan designed for hockey players.
- Initial appointment fee waived for Chiropractic session.
- Mobility and Stretch class with a certified Yoga Instructor.
- Optional defensive technique sessions for Midget and older players with a professional mixed martial artist